Nantwich Hearing Centre opened its doors to the public in April of 2015. The centre is owned and managed by Alan and Helen Jackson, who live in Nantwich with their young family.
Keeping you Safe.
The Coronavirus outbreak has forced us to implement significant changes at Nantwich Hearing Centre to ensure that we can continue to welcome you safely into our clinic. Many Audiology Practices are moving towards a model of ‘remote care’; reducing face-to-face appointments by providing hearing assessments and support via specialist software, video links and phone calls. This is not a route that we have chosen for our business, as we strongly believe that the best way to provide hearing care is by meeting our customers, getting to know them well and seeing them on a regular basis. We like to see our customers face-to-face, we like to chat and spend time understanding individual hearing challenges. This is the only way we can assess hearing health, determine the right hearing solution and provide the very high standard of after-care that we pride ourselves on.
The changes we have made are therefore designed to keep you and us safe during this difficult time, but in a way that does not compromise the service we can provide to new and existing customers.
What has changed?
- We have altered the internal layout of our clinic. We have opened up our reception area so you can come in and wait, whilst maintaining a safe distance from our reception desk.
- Consultations are by appointment only. Unfortunately we are no longer able to accept ‘walk-in’s’. You can come in to make an appointment but we would prefer it if you called, e-mailed or used the contact form on the website.
- We have lengthened our appointment times to ensure that we only have one customer in the reception area or consultation room at a time and we have time to clean thoroughly between appointments.
- We have installed a UVC disinfection system. We have a UVC lamp in both the reception area and our consultation room. They run a 15 minute cleaning cycle between each appointment, destroying virus particles in the air and on hard surfaces.
- We have cleaning, hand-washing and hygiene procedures in line with government and industry standards.
- We have certified PPE and clear procedures for usage and disposal.
What to expect during your appointment
- When you book your appointment we will ask you a number of questions about your health to ensure it is safe for you to attend.
- If you or anyone in your household develop any Coronavirus symptoms between booking and attending your appointment you must contact us to re-arrange.
- Please arrive for your appointment at the allocated time to minimise the need to wait in the reception area.
- When you arrive for your appointment we will check your temperature, ask you to sanitize your hands and offer you a certified face mask if you do not have your own.
- If you are attending for wax removal then you will be asked to complete a short form on your arrival.
- During your appointment Alan will maintain a 2 metre distance whenever possible. He will wear certified PPE during any parts of the consultation when he needs to get closer to you.
- If during your appointment you need to cough or sneeze, please warn Alan by raising your hand if possible.
- On leaving the clinic you will be able to dispose of your facemask and sanitize your hands.
If you have any questions at all please call us before your appointment and we will be happy to talk you through the process.
What hasn’t changed
We still provide
- Free hearing health checks
- Free hearing tests
- Qualified wax removal services
- The best hearing protection products, e.g. Cen’s gun ear protection, custom noise protection, custom made swimmers ear plugs and sleep plugs.
- The very latest hearing aid technology e.g. made for iPhone wireless hearing aids.
- The very best standard of after-care.
We still don’t
- Do gimmicks e.g. ‘buy one get one free’ on old technology
- Pressurise customers in any way
We are still
- Totally independent and we only recommend the most appropriate hearing aids for the patient in order to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Equipped with the very latest testing and fitting equipment available on the market.
- Working positively with all the major manufacturers, who fully respect our independence and our commitment to only provide our patients with the best hearing system for their needs. Starkey, Widex, GN Resound and Oticon all work with us to provide specialist ongoing training to ensure that our patients always receive the very latest technical expertise and support.
We continue to focus on what we do best; providing the very latest hearing technology and the very best standards of patient care. We look forward to looking after the hearing health of the residents of South Cheshire for many years to come.